Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Hodge Podge






A fireman, a policeman and a knight-I am ready for any trouble that comes my way whether it be criminal, fire or fire-breathing dragon my little guys are ready to do battle. They all told me yesterday that they were going to marry me! I told them Daddy might have a problem with it.

Life has been busy. Last week we had vacation bible school. All of the older children from Caleb on up volunteered to help out. The three little guys participated and had a great time. The baby hung out with me and helped me to run crafts. By the end of the day he was so exhausted from everybody oohing and aweing over him that he slept for several hours in the afternoon.

Our son, Zack, started regular football practice this week and has been practicing from 7-9am and then again in the evenings from 5:30-7:30. Thank the Lord Matt is driving and has been able to help me with this. I am teaching Zack to drive right now so he can hopefully get his permit within the next month. In our state, you have to have 60 hours of recorded driving and take a two week driver education class before you can go to take your driving test. Zack's head football coach is a minister and he and his wife see the football team as part of their ministry. I am really encouraged by their commitment and example. In our county if you homeschool, you cannot participate in anything offered by the public schools including varsity sports. This team is actually in the neighboring county and is associated with a private school. So, Zack has been enjoying being a part of a team as they have worked on conditioning over the summer. I have never seen a kid enjoy getting sweaty and physically worn out as much as he has.

We have been catching up on many things this week as we recovered from VBS including the house work. It feels so good to have a clean house and the laundry caught up. Now, I just have to work on my lesson plans for the year.

Joshua is supposed to visit with his birth mom this week. We agreed to four visits a year. All of our adoptions are open. She has not seen him since we took placement in February. I will ask if she feels comfortable with me sharing with you all. Keep her in your prayers. She is very young and has been through a lot.