Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hair Cuts, Anyone????








Several days ago after continuous urging by my wonderful husband over the past two years, I took the plunge and gave the three little boys a hair cut. I don't know why I have never learned to do this. It is not like we have a shortage of boy heads to learn on. It is just the learning part of it I was afraid of. After all, it would not be me who would have to have a horrible looking hair cut. It was also a pride issue because I enjoy my children looking nice and neat when we are out and about. However, with the slow down in the economy, multiple adoption fees and college tuition, we have lost our pride and are cutting corners wherever we can. My wonderful husband works in the building industry running a window and door factory and people are just not buying right now. Thankfully, the company he works for is stable and they have been earning enough to cover pay roll and bills. Praises sent up above for this because Paul has people call him every day looking for work.

Sooo, let's get back to the topic. I decided I could do this. However, my little boys picked up on the fact that I was nervous about it and decided that they would not do this. It was quite humorous watching them run in the opposite direction as I got out the clippers and read the directions. My devoted and loving Patrick did not let Mommy down. He offered himself up to be the first guinea pig. The first picture directly above is of him on the way to the hypothetical guilllotine. Once Phillip and Jeremiah saw that Patrick had survived and didn't look too bad, they took the plunge. I only included the top picture of Jeremiah pouting because it showed the finished product. I even have some of the older boys asking me to give them a trim.

Next project ........learning to make my own laundry soap beause there's a whole lot of washin' goin' on around here. Does anybody have any other thrifty ideas??

2 comments:

Adeye said...

Ha--you are so brave! I see your boys love haircuts just as much as mine do :)

Thrifty ideas---that's a great post idea!

Tina said...

Adeye, I am so glad you got to be the first to leave me a comment after the frustration of your previous attempts. Obviously, I figured out the problem. As for the boys not liking hair cuts, they usually do. I guess I will have to invest in some lollipops like the hair salon gives out.